Undergraduate Credit Hours
A minimum of 90 credit hours (or equivalent) from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution and the completion of the required courses below prior to matriculation.
- Biology with Lab - one academic year with laboratory experience. Advanced placement credits cannot be used to satisfy this requirement; upper level courses should be taken if granted advance placement credits.
- General/Inorganic Chemistry with Lab – one academic year.
- Organic Chemistry with Lab - one academic year. A semester of biochemistry (with or without lab) may substitute for the 2nd semester of organic chemistry.
- Mathematics – one semester of college level mathematics, calculus or statistics highly recommended.
- English – any non-science courses that involve expository writing will satisfy this requirement.
While physics is not a requirement, to be well prepared, students are encouraged to seek courses that provide a foundational understanding of fluids, gases, and pressure variations.
Pre-requisite courses may not have been completed more than ten years prior to the date of application.
Medical College Admissions Test scores are required for U.S. and Canadian applicants (and strongly encouraged for all applicants). Scores must be from exams taken within the past four years.
Application and Supporting DocumentationThe following items must be provided for admissions consideration:
- Completed Application for Admission - Applicants may submit Trinity School of Medicine's Online Application or a current and processed AMCAS, AACOMAS, TMDSAS, or OMSAS Application in pdf form. Visit the Admissions Process page for more details.
- Application fee of $50 (U.S.)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation - Must come directly from the letter writer. Recommended sources are your University Pre-health advising office, professors, physicians, supervisors who are not family members and who can confirm the applicant’s academic ability and/or provide evidence of positive character traits. This requirement may be satisfied with one packet by a combined committee that prepares such letters otherwise, two letters must be provided, one of which must be from an academic source. Applicants may utilize our reference request form to initiate the process.
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended—undergraduate colleges, graduate and/or professional programs attended. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable to initiate the admissions process. Prior to matriculation, official transcripts from each institution must be submitted directly to the Office of Admissions from the issuing institution.