This article has been updated to provide the greatest relevance & timeliness for our readers. It was originally published June 2020.
Getting into medical school is a challenge in and of itself. Once you're in, how do you successfully stay afloat? Is there a wrong method of studying? How can you avoid burning yourself out? What are some of the best study practices? Will you ever have any free time?
We've compiled a list of the top seven things that can either make or break any medical student:
- Don't skimp on sleep.
- Avoid cramming.
- Learn from the best in a small environment.
- Get to know your faculty.
- Make time for mental and physical wellness.
- Learn to manage your finances wisely.
- Keep in touch with your family and friends back home.
- Make new friends at school.
- Get involved with your medical school community.
- Find a mentor and be a mentor.
Let's go through the most important tips.