Trinity School of Medicine now offers students the ability to finance their medical education with Sallie Mae's Smart Option Student Loan® for Health Professions Students. The Smart Option Student Loan offers two types of interest rates and multiple repayment options designed to save students money and make it easier to achieve their long-term financial and professional goals. Payments may be deferred until after students leave school or they may choose an in-school repayment option that fits their needs*.
FEATURES OF THE SMART OPTION STUDENT LOAN
The Smart Option Student Loan is an attractive alternative to federal student loans and other financing vehicles*— one that can help you make a smart start on the road to a graduate health professions degree.
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
- Borrow up to 100% of your school-certified cost of attendance (minimum $1,000).*
- A quick credit result. Applying online is fast and easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
- A lower interest rate. Get a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled monthly payments by automatic debit.*
- Smart Reward® — 2% cash back. When you become a Upromise® member (which is free to join) and choose the Interest or Fixed Repayment Option you can get a Smart Reward in your Upromise account of 2% of your scheduled monthly payments that are made on time while in school.*
- Increased peace of mind with the Tuition Insurance Benefit. Covers up to $2,500 per semester of tuition lost due to a covered medical withdrawal. Available at no cost to you with loans that first disburse July 1 through October 31, 2014.
- Graduated Repayment Period. The Smart Option Student Loan is the only nationwide private student loan offering a Graduated Repayment Period feature*, providing budget flexibility for graduating students. Students in good standing can sign up at the end of their separation period to make interest payments for their first year of repayment. This could allow you to ease the transition to full principal and interest payments.
*For additional information about the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan, including eligibility requirements for each benefit, please go to