Considering a Transfer?
While Trinity School of Medicine does not recruit students to transfer, we will consider applications to transfer on a student by student basis and depending on certain criteria.
Transfer Eligibility Guidelines
- Applicants must be transferring from an accredited U.S. or Canadian medical school or an international school listed with the World Directory of Medical Schools (formerly IMED). If your medical school is in a country that has adopted CAAM-HP as the accrediting body, the school must have CAAM-HP accreditation.
- For course credits to be transferrable, the grade earned in the course must be a C+ or above. Cumulative MD GPA much be greater than a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants may not have been out of school for more than one year at the time of application (documented medical leave of absence may waive this limit).
- Applicants who have previously transferred medical schools will not be eligible to transfer (some exceptions for highly unusual circumstances may apply).
- Students wishing to transfer to the clinical science terms must have passed the USMLE Step 1 exam on their first attempt and exam score thresholds may apply.
- Credits will not be given for any core or elective clerkships or rotations completed while enrolled in another medical school.
Are you Eligible to Transfer?
Complete this inquiry form to find out.
If you have determined that you meet the eligibility and would like to apply as a Transfer Student, please complete our Application for Advanced Standing (Transfer) Admission >>